I'm not certain when I first became aware of The Sketchbook Project; probably about a year ago, but it wasn't until October 2012 that I decided to sign up.
| My sketchbook arrives! |
As a participant in The Sketchbook Project, I paid $25 to have a sketchbook sent to me and my job was to fill the 32 pages with my art, then send it back to New York to become part of a travelling library of art.
| The beginning of a Star Wars collage! |
I decided instead to flex my underused collage muscles. Collage can be beautiful, but like anything in art, it is an acquired skill to know when to stop! Finding balance is difficult and I have often admired those who are able to do so, well. I also decided to use the more traditional graphite pencil as well as pencil crayon, and some really fun art markers that I hadn't had the occasion to use yet.
As I set about creating art, I was pleasantly surprised how quickly everything came together and as an added bonus, I was pretty happy with the result (artists are notoriously hard on themselves about their own work.)
| Have you heard about the bird? |
The 2013 Sketchbook Project books will actually make a stop in Toronto in the Distillery District. I think I'm most excited to see my sketchbook in this travelling! And the best part is that when the exhibition finishes, my sketchbook will become part of the Brooklyn Art Library in New York.
No comments:
Post a Comment